Your WordPress sidebar is a good place to put some relevant contents that may not fit to be placed on a page or post directly. If you don’t think your content in a sidebar is featured enough, you can consider adding images and image links to your WordPress Sidebar to make it more attractive. This tutorial will give you tips on how to add images and image links to your WordPress sidebar.
1. Log in your Admin dashboard.
2. After logging into the WordPress Admin, find the left side menu and click “Appearance” . Then, click “Editor”.
3. Here comes the main Editor page, on which both PHP and CSS files can be edited for your present theme. Find the right side of the menu and scroll down the mouse and you will see the Sidebar option. Then click the chosen link to open the sidebar.php file in the editor.
4. When the sidebar.php file opened in the editor, you can redact the code and add the image you want to send to the server. The below part of code is an example of image link which connects to the XML reference site. Pay attention, the <img> tag uses the URL of an image on the test site. This image is uploaded to the hosting account. You can do this with the cPanel File Manager or by FTP. If you are allowed, you can also direct to another site.
5. After you have typed the code, confirm that the location of the image you choose is right. Then click “Update File” key to save the alteration and activate the code. The below picture is a display of the test site with a XML image link directing to the XMP site.