Investors have known that the Internet is the next big thing in business. Many businesses are moving online. This elicits the need for a well-designed eCommerce site with a good shopping cart. Buyers need convenience in their shopping expeditions and thus having a good site is crucial. There are lots of eCommerce software that an investor can choose from. The applications are cheap and easy to install but some do not meet the needs of the investor.
Among all the Commerce applications, nopCommerce is one of the best, which is easy to install and use. You are able to install this application in WebSitePanel by following the steps we listed in this article and enjoy the great functionality for your eCommerce site.
What Is nopCommerce?
nopCommerce is a solution to those practicing eCommerce. It is a free software that contains an administration tool on the backend and a catalog on the frontend. It is a shopping cart that is fully customizable allowing you to have items as you wish. It is highly usable and stable. The software offers great support for the users including downloads, documentation, information and resources among others. You can get your free software on www.nopcommerce.com.
The software is ASP.NET based that operates an MS SQL 2008 or a higher backend database. More than 1.5 million eCommerce sites are using the software according the nopCommerce site. The nopCommerce shopping cart is designed to accommodate merchants whose products have outgrown other shopping carts. To this end, Host4ASP.NET is one of the best nopCommerce hosting providers based on their systems.
Advantages of Using nopCommerce – A Developer’s Perspective
This shopping cart has been designed in a manner that it integrates well with new technologies including additional plugins you may need to enhance your eCommerce site. nopCommerce’s architecture is pluggable to enable added functionality and elements of presentation to be added to the shopping cart at run time. The software is open source meaning that it is available for download for free.
Developers find it easy to install the software through a few instructions and steps. nopCommerce can thus be running a few minutes after downloading. Its flexibility makes it easy to customize and even those with little technical knowledge can customize with ease. It integrates with third party services making your business easy to access. The software is stable and highly usable. Lastly, nopCommerce support is easily accessible any time you need it from their site.
Installing nopCommerce Using Web App Gallery in WebSitePanel
You can install nopCommerce in WebSitePanel by following the simple steps below. Here, there is no coding involved, which means those shy of the technical world can install the software.
1. Login to your WebSitePanel and click Domains
2. Click Add Domain from the screen that follow.
3. Select “Sub Domain”.
4. Give your subdomain a name from the screen that follow. For instance, this can be names “nopCommerce”.
5. Click the Add Domain button at the bottom of the screen.
6. From the menu on the left, select Microsoft Web App Gallery to proceed.
7. The next screen shows you nopCommerce. Click on nopCommerce to continue. Click next to proceed to the next stage after selecting nopCommerce.
8. After clicking next, select the subdomain you just created and click the install button at the bottom of the screen.
9. Your install is now complete and you will receive a confirmation message. Your process to install nopCommerce in WebSitePanel is almost over. Click Account home to go back to your account homepage and select Web >> Websites.
10. From the list of Subdomains, select the Subdomain you created; that is nopCommerce subdomain. Select Extensions from the screen that follow.
11. From Extensions, change ASP.NET to 4.0 (Integrated Pipeline) and click update at the bottom of the screen.
This concludes the nopCommerce installation process. You now have a new eCommerce shopping cart. You can preview the shopping cart after completion of the installation process.